Eurosport 2 North East Europe New Frequency on Hot Bird 13C 13.0° East
Eurosport 2 is a French sports television network. It is a sister channel to Eurosport 1, which is a division of the Eurosport Network and a unit of Warner Bros. Discovery. Several different versions of the channel exist across Europe, where television rights for sport differ. The Eurosport 2 channel had an audience of 87 million viewers in 2019, an increase in size of one million.Eurosport 1 is a French television sports network channel which is a division of Eurosport and a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Discovery. Discovery took a 20% minority interest share in December 2012, and became majority shareholder in the Eurosport venture with TF1 in January 2014, taking a 51% share of the company, On 22 July 2015 Discovery agreed to acquire TF1’s remaining 49% stake in the venture.
The channel is available in 73 countries, in 21 languages providing viewers with European and international sporting events. Eurosport first launched on European satellites on 5 February 1989. On 13 November 2015 Eurosport changed the name of its main channel into Eurosport 1.Eurosport is a group of pay television networks in Europe and parts of Asia. Owned by Warner Bros. Discovery through its international sports unit, it operates two main channels—Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2—across most of its territories, and streams on Discovery+, which superseded Eurosport Player.
Originally a joint venture between the European Broadcasting Union and Sky established in 1989, it was briefly shut down in 1991 following complaints by competitor Screensport. It was subsequently acquired by TF1 Group, and later merged with Screensport. For a period, it was a joint venture between TF1, Canal+ Group, and Havas Images. TF1 Group later bought out the other owners’ shares. In 2012, Discovery Communications began to take an ownership in Eurosport, eventually leading towards a full buyout in 2015.
Eurosport is the main rightsholder of the Olympic Games in most of Europe, as well as (with some exceptions) the tennis Grand Slam tournaments.
The network of channels is available in 54 countries, in 20 different languages, providing viewers with European and international sporting events. Eurosport had 157 million subscribers in 2019, marking no increase from the previous year. The Eurosport 2 channel had an audience of 87 million viewers in 2019, an increase of one million.
Eurosport 2 North East Europe
Hot Bird 13C 13.0° East
11240 – Vertical – 27500 3/4